ALL ARE ENCOURAGED TO REGISTER TO RIDE
The Waitangi Mountain Bike Park is a community mountain bike park. It has been built by the efforts of our community and is for the benefit of our whole community.
Every user is encouraged to register to ride by making a minimum annual donation of $25. This money will go towards trail maintenance and is vital for the sustainability of the Park. Donors will receive a map and two coloured plastic tags. One tag is for your bike – very uncool to be seen without one – and a smaller one for your key ring to be flashed around town.
Many businesses in the Bay of Islands have volunteered incentives to encourage bike riders to donate in this way. The key tag is their way of knowing who you are. The tag colour changes each year, we will send you a reminder when your tag is about to expire.
INCENTIVES FOR REGISTERED RIDERS
- Kebabulous – $1 off all kebabs
- Flying Kiwi Parasail – $20 off per flight
- Salt Air – 15% off all flights for direct bookings
- Bay Physio – 10% off initial assessment appointment
- Bay of Islands Parasail – $10 off per flight
- Sky Dive Bay of Islands – 10% off camera package
- Explore NZ – 10% off all products in the Bay of Islands and Auckland, excluding Ferry services
- Thirty30 – $1 off all drinks
- Ruffino Pizza – 10% off everything
- Fullers Great Sights – 10% off tours and cruises – not including ferries
- Ake Ake Vineyard – 10% discount off Ake Ake cellar door wines and an additional 5% off already discounted wines.
- Bay Cabinz – 12% off accommodation when booking direct with them
- Fitness Hub – 20% Discount off the Gym Daily Rate
- el Cafe – 10% discount off all purchases
- Beehaven Bee Tours – $5 off per person for groups of two or more. Bookings essential.
- Edgewater Palms – 15% off accommodation for direct bookings
- Outrigger Motel – 10% off accommodation for direct bookings
- Waitangi Holiday Park – 10% discount
- Far North Cycle Repairs – 20% off parts and service
- Kerikeri Organics Creative Juices – 10% off all juices
- Trail updates – know when new trails are opening
- Safety Information – know when trails are closed
- FREE paper trail map
- The main trail hub and entrance to the park is located at the bottom of Baylys Rd (see map here), near Te Wairoa Bay. Turn right past the Waitangi Golf Course onto Bayly Rd.
- Please drive slowly on Bayly Rd, watch for bikes and horses.
- Gates locked at sundown.
- No overnight parking or freedom camping.
- There is no parking for the Waitangi Mountain Bike Park at the Mt Bledisloe Lookout car park.
- There is no access to the Waitangi Mountain Bike Park from the Mt Bledisloe Lookout car park.
Portaloo toilets are located at the Trail Hub.
Please be aware cell phone coverage is patchy within the forest.